Saturday, May 3, 2014

Stocking Up and Shipping Out

Hey everyone! So it has been a little bit since my last blog post. I've been busy with trying to finish off my papers, so I'll be brief. It is about that time for me to get my last round of shots, probably in the upcoming week before I graduate and move back to Michigan. I will need to get three more vaccines for now, and then another one or two shots when I return. I filled my anti-Malaria medication prescription yesterday and have that ready to go. I ordered my first pair of "armachillo" shirt and pants from the Duluth Trading Company. My friend Jennie recommended that I try them because she had seen a commercial for them. They are supposed to keep you extra cool, which would be nice. Also, you can wash them each night and they are dry by morning! So lets hope those work out. Other than that I'm building up my wish list on Amazon of supplies to purchase so I am prepared. The scariest is probably the needle and suture kit I'm supposed to bring. With lacking medical facilities I'm supposed to bring this with me so if I need stitches, injections, or blood draws, I'm guaranteed a clean needle. I guess that is something you don't think about as an American. Here is a link to my wish list in case anyone is curious about the things I plan on buying for the trip. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/283HQPWS0EIS3/ref=topnav_lists_2 Feel free to comment below and let me know if there is something you think I've forgotten!  P.S. I also found out that internet will be even more limited than I had previously hoped. I will be taking my phone with me and I'll put a Rwandan SIM card in it. Hopefully that will allow me to use the app on my phone to post text only blog posts. If not, I will write up a blog post for each day I'm there into word documents and post them as I get access to the internet. One student said it took him an afternoon to upload an excel spreadsheet when he was there last!


No comments:

Post a Comment